My background as a therapist
I am a licensed, clinical social worker with a bachelor of science degree in psychology and a masters degree in social work, both from the University of Washington. My experience includes twenty years providing counseling, therapy, and group work with people in multiple settings.
My background working in the medical field allows me to help my clients navigate the often complex health care system. I have worked extensively with people suffering with illness, especially those who are in a healing process related to being diagnosed with cancer. My practice is informed by Jungian and psychodynamic theory as well as my work with indigenous healers, earth-honoring traditions, and mindfulness practices, each adding breadth and depth to the psychotherapy I provide.
Workshops and retreats I have facilitated include dream work, end of life midwifery, illness as a transformative experience, earth-honoring ceremonial retreats, and women's empowerment.
I use Jungian concepts in my work, helping my clients connect with the symbolic world. Our sessions might include dream work, calming mindfulness practices, indigenous healing techniques, or creative expression, depending on your needs. Healing and authenticity often lie hidden beneath our wounds, and as such, exploring areas of suffering can reveal that which is needed for change and growth. In the therapeutic process, mystery is encountered. I consider it a privilege to be invited to explore the inner landscape with my clients and witness that mystery as it unfolds.
The foundation of my work includes:
- Respect for each person's inner wisdom and innate healing capacities
- Training in psychodynamic theory and practice
- An appreciation for the unconscious process, including dream work
- Training in mindfulness-based practices
- An understanding of group process and collective wisdom
- An ability to accompany people as they explore the edges in their lives, including life transitions, midlife changes, beginnings and endings, career upheaval, end of life inquiry, self-expression, and bold leaps
- Many years experience working with caregivers impacted by the fatigue and stress that can come from caring for others
- Empowerment focused therapy
- A Jungian understanding of complexes, archetypes, and individuation
- Clinical supervision for social work and mental health professional licensure
I consider the therapeutic space to be sacred. I create a safe and respectful container for my clients to explore the inner world and that which is most important and dear to them. I look forward to sitting in sanctuary with you.
National Association of Social Workers
Washington State Society for Clinical Social Work
Northwest Alliance for Psychoanalytic Study
Jungian Psychotherapists Association
CG Jung Society
Oncology Social Work Network